Mitch Horowitz, author and vice-president and executive editor at TarcherPerigee, returns to the Zone Show to explain why he has republished a 60s classic, Psycho-Cybernetics by Maxwell Maltz.
Find out how changing your self image is not narcissistic but necessary.
Topics we chat about :
- The three hats of Mitch Horowitz
- A retriever of gems from the past
- How a plastic surgeon ended up writing personal development books
- The convincing sense of self image
- ‘Amping up’ yourself image
- How emotions ‘scar’ as much as physical scars
- How our canon of beliefs become our destiny
- Spotting personality traits early in infants
- Maltz set the template for success oriented self-help books
- Mitch’s process for bringing books back to life again
- Could authors today read books they wrote in the past?
- Thoughts on the current state of spiritual and metaphysical writings
- A specification for authors who want to grab attention
Links from the podcast
[smart_track_player url=”http://www.thezoneshow.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/A-Cosmic-Philosopher.mp3″ title=”A Cosmic Philosopher” artist=”Mitch Horowitz” social=”true” image=”http://www.thezoneshow.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/mitch-horowitch-333-300×300.jpg” social_twitter=”true” social_facebook=”true” social_gplus=”true” ]
[smart_track_player url=”http://www.thezoneshow.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Beyond-the-Robot.mp3″ title=”Beyond the Robot” artist=”Gary Lachman” social=”true” image=”http://www.thezoneshow.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/garyLachman_333-300×300.jpg” social_twitter=”true” social_facebook=”true” social_gplus=”true” ]